Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Welcome to Lori Tate Art!

I am a mixed media artist working in oil, acrylic, collage and encaustic mediums.


Cam & GooseA classically trained graphic designer, I base my abstract work on the basic elements: color, shape, texture, space & form, as well as these principles: harmony, balance, scale, emphasis and contrast. I also just paint things I'd like to hang in my house! I'm an avid art collector and own a wide variety of medium and subject matter. I'm absolutely passionate about art and hope my own works reflect that passion.

I work out of my studio inside our home in Seattle. The 20 years prior to that were dedicated to the corporate/tech/software industry where I started off  in Marketing and Design. I've always wanted my title to be: Mom, Painter- and now I'm doing just that.

Current work

I'm currently working with encaustic medium. Encaustic painting, also known as hot wax painting, involves using heated beeswax to which resin and colored pigments are added. I also use oil paints/sticks and transfer methods. Through the process of heating & cooling, rich texture and layers can be achieved. I will post examples of my latest work in several different series. The first is my "Nest" series. Second, my "Circle" series, and lastly, my "Street" series. Please email loritate@qwest.net if you are interested in purchasing.

"Nest" Series:

Here are several samples. I am constantly creating different works raging in texture, size and color. Please email me loritate@qwest.net and I'll be happy to send current photos.


Hush 9x12: $200
Good Morning 9x12
Good Morning 9x12: $200



All By Myself 10x10: SOLD
Nest Egg 12.5x12.5: $230
Tranquil 9x12: SOLD
Big Momma 12x12: SOLD







"Circle" Series:

Green #3
Green #3 14x14: $400 SOLD


Orange #4
Orange #4 14x14: $400
Running in Circles 6x6
Running in Circles 6x6: $150


Full Circle
Full Circle 18 x10
SOLD
Circle Time
Circle Time 2 18x24: SOLD